Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do you select your tutors?
At Teachers Who Tutor | NYC, all of our tutors are experienced independent, public, or charter school teachers with strong academic backgrounds. Every tutor undergoes a thorough reference check before being interviewed and teaching a sample lesson. We then select only the tutors whose skill and enthusiasm meet our standards.
2. How do you match a student to the ideal tutor?
We will consult with you prior to matching your child with a tutor to ensure that we fully understand his or her learning profile and academic needs. There is no charge for this consultation.
3. How long is a typical session?
While a typical session lasts for an hour, sessions usually range from 45 minutes to two hours, depending on the age of the student and the assignment at hand.
4. What are your rates?
Our rates vary according to whether the student is in lower school, middle school, or high school. For further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. How does billing work?
We will send you a monthly invoice on the first of each month.
6. Are there any additional charges on top of the hourly fee, such as administrative or transportation costs?
No, there are no additional fees.
7. I’m interested in tutoring for Teachers Who Tutor | NYC. How do I go about applying?
Please send a resume and a cover letter describing your teaching experience and tutoring expertise to email@example.com.